Cross-border logistics refers to a whole process of implementation, manipulation and management of reasonable liquidity and storage of goods and information at both ends of China's customs territory. Cross-border logistics can also be understood as international freight, which refers to the spatial transfer of goods from one country to another, so as to complete the purpose of international commodity transactions.
Cross-border logistics must go through two customs, so cross-border logistics cannot do without customs clearance/clearance. This end, the border of the country in China to deal with the past export and import of cross-border e-commerce logistics complex and taxation issues such as the customs clearance, such as China post, along abundant express freight logistics company is based on the fusion of the General Administration of Customs clearly put forward the new cross-border electricity control, cross-border customs clearance with the cross-border electricity demonstration cities comprehensive service platform for cooperation, Maintain speedy clearance of import and export.
The main way
1. International Parcel (China Post Parcel)
(1) Brief Description: According to incomplete statistical analysis, 70% of the export business of China's cross-border e-commerce is posted according to the postal express system software, among which China Post occupies about 50% market share. HongKong Post Express and Singapore Post Express are also common freight logistics methods for Chinese cross-border e-commerce sellers.
(2) Advantages: The postal network covers the whole world, which is wider than other freight and logistics channels. And because they are generally state-owned enterprises, they are subsidised by state taxes, so prices are cheap.
(3) Disadvantages: Generally go abroad in a personal package, which is not conducive to customs statistics and can not enjoy all normal export tax rebates; In addition, the speed is relatively slow, high packet loss rate.
2. International express
(1) Brief description: International express mainly refers to UPS, Fedex, DHL, TNT these four giants. International express has high regulations on the presentation, collection and management of information, supported by the worldwide construction of the Internet and its modern information system software.
(2) Advantages: faster speed, considerate service, low packet loss rate, especially very convenient to the developed countries in the United States.
(3) Disadvantages: the price is relatively expensive, and the price package changes greatly. Generally, cross-border e-commerce sellers will only use the app when customers strongly suggest the timeliness, and will deduct the transportation fee from customers.
3. Overseas storage
(1) Brief description: To put it bluntly, foreign warehouse management refers to the one-stop operation and management service of warehousing and logistics, express sorting, packaging and distribution of goods that are traded on the Internet export and foreign trade platform and presented by the freight and logistics service providers individually or mutually for sellers at the sales destination. The seller will store the goods in the local warehouse, when the shop buyers have a request, the first time to make a quick response, immediately carry out the express sorting, packaging and delivery of the goods. The whole process includes three parts: initial delivery, logistics storage management and local delivery.
(2) Advantages: The traditional export and foreign trade method to release goods to the warehouse, can reduce the transportation cost; Equal to the market sales generated in the local, can provide flexible and reliable return plan, enhance the confidence of foreign customers to buy; Reduced delivery cycle time and faster delivery speed can reduce cross-border logistics buying and selling rate; Overseas warehousing can help sellers expand the market category and improve the bottleneck of "big and heavy".
(3) Disadvantages: Not all commodities are suitable for overseas storage. It is better to have hot products with fast inventory turnover, otherwise it will be very easy to stock up; In addition, the seller in the supply chain, inventory supervision, promotion management methods clearly put forward higher provisions.