In the eyes of cross-border e-commerce merchants, cross-border e-commerce costs can be divided into source cost, cross-border logistics cost, marketing cost, platform cost, payment cost, etc. Today, let’s discuss how to reduce the cost of cross-border logistics.Cross-border logistics
1. Product selection and packaging
① Carefully choose products
In the selection of products, in the case of small differences in product value, function and consumer shopping experience, try to choose small volume and weight.
② Ingenious design of packaging
Whether in international logistics, or local logistics will refer to the size of the packaging cost calculation. According to the size of the container design carton size, research out a best packing scheme, to achieve an ideal state.
2. Choose the right logistics service provider
For inexperienced novice sellers, it is crucial to choose an experienced and reliable logistics service provider. Different regions, different platforms, different volumes and even different categories of sellers, their monthly expenditure of freight costs are different. Therefore, on the one hand, sellers can seek cooperation with logistics providers with low fees; on the other hand, they can sign long-term cooperation agreements with logistics providers based on their sales volume and orders and enjoy freight discounts. Large logistics service providers need to raise accounts (the lower the discount account needs the greater the volume of goods), often the price is more advantageous.
3. Reduce disputes over return and exchange
Since our products are sold abroad, once there is a dispute over return or exchange of goods, the reverse logistics cost of return or exchange of goods is high, in addition to the time cost and financial cost. So, want to minimize the logistics cost, must reduce the relevant disputes from the source, that in addition to strictly control the quality of the product, the manufacturer will describe the details of each product is doing very detailed and accurate, and, in order to avoid the buyer upon receipt of the goods produce psychological gap, will not only result in the return of the disputes, and may get bad review, affect the store operations in the future.
4, carefully plan the first journey transportation
(1) Confirm with the customer the starting point of the cost of both parties under the FOB terms, and insist that the responsibility will end after the goods are delivered to the warehouse. As for the trailer fee and dock fee from the warehouse to the dock, they will all be included in the second journey shipping fee and paid by the consignee.
(2) Negotiate orders on CIF terms, master the initiative of transportation arrangements; If the FOB terms of the transaction, in advance with the buyer designated transportation company, written confirmation of all costs.
5. Combined operation of various logistics
Sellers can try to combine international logistics, overseas warehouse and FBA. If the product is “popular style”, you can first ship large quantities of products abroad through international logistics, and then put some of them into overseas warehouses, and choose FBA for storage. When the peak season comes, the goods in the overseas warehouse can be transferred to FBA first, shortening the warehousing time of FBA goods, or using the door-to-door receiving function of FBA, so that FBA can pick up the goods from the overseas warehouse and deliver them to the buyers.